Farewell Kevin Max

Posted by Bernard Rosario On 9:04 AM 1 comments



Farewell Rob Bell. Three words from John Piper (followed by Justin Taylor’s post, Rob Bell: Universalist?) that had made the internet vastly busy. And when the blogosphere was so dense because of Rob Bell, his new book Love Wins, and this promotional video, I thought it was already unnecessary for me to blog about it. I knew that I can’t contribute any weight to the responses of the names that I respect in the evangelical world (see this Reader’s Digest).

But I felt compelled to write when I woke up this morning and saw a post by Kevin Max (one of the trio that I love the most when I was in college, dc Talk).


Around the same time, he had this tweet:


Kevin Max has publicly announced his support of Bell and to those “that asks questions about the great mysteries that surround us.” He even adds that those who “have a problem with that” are out of the bounds of the Unicornian Church, an internet-based (according to him) church that he created.

I also love questions as long as it guides us to the objective truth. I can still remember the chorus of dc Talk’s most loved song Jesus Freak:
What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus freak?
What will people do when they find that it's true?
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak
There ain't no disguising the truth.
I’m so sad that Max is so blind to see that Rob Bell has disguised the truth.

Jesus Freak’s second verse was dedicated to a man “With skins on his back and hair on his face; They thought he was strange by the locusts he ate; The Pharisees tripped when they heard him speak; Until the king took the head of this Jesus freak.” The man is John the Baptist who shouts in the wilderness, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? (Matthew 3:7)” This Jesus-freak John the Baptist did not disguise the truth about the wrath that we need to flee from. This is the very same wrath that Rob Bell blurs again and again.

Perhaps, my concluding words for Kevin Max will be best served by the chorus of another dc Talk song:
We know exactly where you are, and you're gone (my friend)
Don't know exactly where you're coming from
You've gone away (so long) my friend.

By the way, I wonder if Max knows that, in the Bible, the first question mark is raised in Genesis 3:1… by the serpent?

Farewell Kevin Max.

1 Response for the "Farewell Kevin Max"

  1. Hi, thanks for this very informative article. I like it. =)
    Cheers from t shirt printing company.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails