A Decade of Nines

Posted by Bernard Rosario On 1:10 PM 0 comments



Today is Anna's birthday and our "anniversary" since she said "Yes" to me. This is my third set of nine reasons why I choose her daily. The second was in 2015 while the first is exactly a decade ago.

---


Where have my counting metrics been?
Can I recall my homonyms?
It's been a while since I did rhyme
Poetry snoozed, drank with wine.

But like cold water to my thirst
Your worth cures unpoetic curse
Forming stanzas verse by verse
Like Adam's words, seeing Eve first

Ten, decade has passed since I
With lists of nine, desired your "Aye"
Again, I pen another nine
Whys in my joy in you-as-mine

[1] Thrilled by your domesticity
You brought order, simplicity
To my den, a cave formerly
Now, palace of green and beauty

[2] Rarely, my stomach complains
You monitor my hunger pains
What, when, where, how I want to eat
You ask, as if buzzer's to beat

[3] I guess it must be hard for you
Locked for months with an odd cuckoo
Thanks for patiently taming me
Taking IN from insanity

[4] Peanuts or Piknik with Netflix
Chasing Marvel, DC Comics
But does it matter what genre
When I delight watching with ya?

[5] Aside from doubling grounds to laugh
Our union slashed my pain to half
More-joys-less-tears experiences
It's God, our marriage relishes

[6] Countless times I would have said "No"
But excitedly you bid, "Go!"
You see God's grace behind my works
Push me beyond my usual perks

[7] Your endearment shines everywhere
Finely, even in clothes I wear
Second to none, you're fond, caring
Though a worm, I feel like a king

[8] Among memories, none tops this
Daily approach to God, our Bliss
Scriptures, songs, supplication
All to know our single Passion

[9] Our marriage is momentary
Greater joy's in eternity
You and I, now's a parody
Of Christ and church, linked heavenly

Tears are rolling, I need a pause
And exult in Christ, the sole Cause
All streams of grace through my wife
Flow from the ocean, the Bread of Life

In the Sovereign, I'll proclaim
For His Name, His glory and fame
To more decades, more sets of nine
Next to God, you're my poem and rhyme

Categories:

0 Response for the "A Decade of Nines"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails