"In Christ Alone" to the Tune of "He Leadeth Me"

Posted by Bernard Rosario On 11:55 AM 0 comments



First Corinthians 12:11 says, "All these [gifts] are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills" (ESV, insertion and emphasis mine). GOD the Holy Spirit sovereignly apportions gifts. It was in His sovereign rule why I often don't hit notes when I sing. It was in His sovereign rule why I have more fingers than the chords I can play without looking at a guitar chord chart. It was in His sovereign rule why I am unsure if I write a quarter rest correctly. I do not have the gift of music -- I do not do well with music. And GOD has prepared me for some other work.

However, as a pastor, I believe GOD has put in my heart a desire to guide the church into a congregational singing with GOD-centered, Christ-treasuring, Spirit-filled, Scripture-saturated songs. I have this longing to pen Biblically rich statements following music metrical indexes and use tunes of known hymns with such meters. May the grace of GOD enable me to do so. But for now, let us do a simple honing by trans-tuning the much admired modern day hymn In Christ Alone to a hymn-exposition of Psalm 23, He Leadeth Me



For the tune of He Leadeth Me...
 

But, of course, nothing beats the original arrangement...

The music sheet as how Getty and Townend wrote it is available for download and its free from Getty Music.

Post or read comments >>

Categories:

0 Response for the ""In Christ Alone" to the Tune of "He Leadeth Me""

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails